Monday, January 10, 2011

Moving Away

Yesterday was a good day. It was my last Sunday in San Diego for a while. I feel very blessed that I was able to find such a great church home for the 10 months that I have lived here. For some time I had been feeling like I didn't really meet a whole lot of people in San Diego. I felt like when I moved it wouldn't be a big deal because no one really knew me. I was wrong.
Last night I had my going away party and I realized how many people here really care about me. The party was so much fun, and I never thought I would say that about a party. Growing up I remember feeling uncomfortable even at my own birthday parties. I was never very good at interacting with a large group of people. Thanks to my Aunt and Uncle's LOVE for throwing parties, I have now learned how to "work the room". This is an accomplishment that I am very proud about.

I thought it would be good for me to share some of the many things that I have accomplished in this past year:

-learning to drive (it was a big deal for me)
-trying sushi (I didn't end up liking it, but I tried it!)
-learning to cook and bake (I can make incredible waffles) 
-being a surfer (one of the most amazing experiences ever)
-living in California (one of my goals in life, accomplished at 18)
-watching every episode ever made of The Office (best TV show ever!)
-not always asking what was in the food that was prepared for me (it's harder than it sounds)
-learning how to paint (ask to see my painted vans next time you see me)
-making new friends even if they are way older than me (example: David, Jason, Jenn, Oakley)
-learning to let go of the past (it's hard, but it can be done)
-learning what all goes into a catering business (more than you would think)

There are probably a lot more things, but I can't think of them at the moment. I am very proud of myself and all that I have accomplished this year. I think moving to California was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now it is time for me to move on though. At 4:45am on Saturday morning I will be leaving the comforts of my home to start the next chapter of my life. I have been waiting my whole life for an opportunity like this, and I can't believe it's actually happening. I will miss the easy life I have here, but I am more than ready for a challenge.

My goal this year: staying in Wyoming the whole year. 

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Well, I'm honored that I have inspired you to blog. It is a good outlet and a way of expressing yourself in ways that you didn't know that you could. I look forward to reading your posts and keeping up with you this way.
    Good luck on your journey; remember who you are, as always, and remember who cares about you, truly.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for an update. Hurry! Oh, and I need your address.

    ReplyDelete