Thursday, January 20, 2011

The week so far..

I have successfully moved to Casper, Wyoming and so far I'm loving it! The snow is great, and I love my roommates.

Saturday 
I woke up at 4:00am to catch a flight out of San Diego to Salt Lake City. I arrived in Casper around 12:30. It was so cold that day, but little did I know how much colder it could get here! On Saturday I got to explore the town a little, and was more than happy to find out that we have a movie theater here for $2.50!

Sunday
On Sunday, I did absolutely nothing exciting at all. I now understand how teenagers in small towns get into so much trouble. I had never been this bored in my life!

Monday
Monday was a holiday, so there wasn't much to do. Haley (roommate) and I took a nice walk downtown though (it's only 10 blocks away!). Then after we did a lot of nothing.

Tuesday
On Tuesday we visited the Boys and Girls club where Haley and I will both be working. Everyone was super nice there, and I am so so SO excited to start working! Megan arrived in Casper later that afternoon, and we are both rooming downstairs in the basement. I love it, it's the "Megan Floor".

Wednesday
Erin got here on Wednesday and she will be rooming upstairs with Haley. We signed our lease, and it felt like I was signing my life away, but oddly it felt good. Megan and I went out to Wal Mart and picked up a few sleds. The kind of sleds that are disk shaped and go super fast. We have a sledding hill near our house, so I was SO ready to go sledding! When we got to the sledding hill, there were snowboarders going down it. It's a pretty steep hill! It was rough walking up it, but it was so worth it! I had so much fun sledding, and I was so happy!


Today!
Today we are at the Library right now, and trying to get library cards. Then we are going to go apply for food stamps. I am hoping to go sledding again today. I just wish I had snow pants! Well, that's all I have to talk about right now. We are getting internet soon, and that will make it easier to post more often!

Keep in touch.
Megan

2 comments:

  1. SOUNDS GREAT MEGAN! GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THE CHARM AND PEOPLE OF A SMALL TOWN AS YOU HAVE LIVED IN LARGE ONES MOST OF YOUR LIFE. I GREW UP IN A VERY SMALL TOWN AND IT IS AMONG MY FAVORITE MEMORIES. WE LOVE YOU AND ENJOYED YOUR BLOG. UNCLE JACK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Have fun; stay sober.. ;)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete